Monday, December 27, 2004

Who's gonna pick me up from the floor?

Well, I got up on my own and I'm sitting now, but a few hours ago I was on the floor at the bottom of the building entrance stairs. Main parts of my physical being are unhurt (and falling from 5'11" plus 3-4 stairs it's not a bad result) but I landed with my right foot twisted back-inwards and it hurts like hell now. I didn't hear any bad tearing or breaking noises and I was able to limp to the supermarket to buy some bread, so I gather it's not very bad. I used to have foot tendons flexible like a ballerina, quess they are still quite flexible and it saved me.

Still, a swollen ankle is not the worst part, it's the feeling of vulnerability and sudden realization that in a matter of fact I have literally noone to turn to for help except the insurance company. That hurt.

Thankfully I don't live in Thailand or Sri Lanka... A 9.0 earthquake plus tsunami kind of puts my misery into perspective, but doesn't make me feel less miserable in my personal scale.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home