Saturday, January 03, 2009

Bruise for a ring

(technically: addendum to the New Year post)

I have a bruise on a finger, exactly where weddingband usually goes.

I got this bruise hauling my luggage while wearing a ring I bought some time ago. This reminded me that for a long time now I've been alone like this - last time a man in my life, other than my father, gave me a ring or something of different value was ... for my birthday in 2000?
I even asked dad to buy me a ring I liked, a couple of years ago, "because I don't see anyone else getting me one anytime soon". Right on the spot.

So, I'll keep hauling my stuff on my own and I just bought myself a pair of amethist earrings, because I can.

Edit: before accusations of materialism - it's about symbols, not monetary value, just like weddingbands are only symbols, as in: "take this ring as a sign of my love and fidelity".

Note, on dreams:
I dreamt about fighting someone I care about, we were both armed with cutlery, but I had a kitchen knife (small yet sharp) and I stabbed him through the heart and killed him...



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home