Thursday, February 23, 2006

"1001 Nights"



Look at both pictures.

Yeah, I know, people die, people are tortured and it was only a mosque, but this one was special to me.

When I was a kid I got a postcard with it, glittery golden dome under bright blue sky. It was the symbol of the Great Orient - the myth, the legend - from philosophers and mathematicians to sultans, luxuries and mysteries to the Orient Express - this was the symbol of the oriental dream for me. And I dreamt a lot about the wonders of 1001 nights.

Alas no longer. The idiots don't deserve their history or heritage. Bleh. I'm sad.
Someone did it to make a point, to stir unrest, provoke more conflict - depending on a point of view and political/religious leaning this may make sense. To me it makes no sense.

Go kill each other some more, leave history and beauty be, it's not only yours you know, it's ours too...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home