Thursday, November 08, 2007

Love conquers all?





Sun-Moon, darkness-light, masculine-feminine, hot-cold, wet-dry – my other half to complete me.

But wait, I’m whole… so why do I long for – for what? For whom?

The sensation of being with someone who fits oh so perfectly is incredible, but the bliss never seems to last. The fit is never really as perfect as it seems at first or even at second glance. There’s always the dark side of things and personalities, there are realities that have to be faced, life priorities, commitments, dull things, hang ups, the past, the present, fear of the future. The prince is not even the captain of the palace guard, he’s not a frog either, but … somehow never lives up to the initial promise.

Does it mean I’m just a fool because I believe in “love conquers all”? Hell I do! But there has to be love, and a lot of it, on both sides, unconditional, deep, true love – and it will conquer all, as long as the parties involved are willing to make sacrifices and adjustments that is.

Otherwise, the prince is a frog.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home